The CBI will be hosting a workshop on performing life science research in a HPC environment. This event is co-sponsored by CBI, Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC), and the NIH Multiscale Modeling Consortium High Performance Computing working group.
Where: CBI, BSE 3.114
When: 10:00am - 12:30pm, Feb. 27th, 2013
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- What distinguishes HPC from desktop computing
- Desirable skill sets for leveraging HPC resources
- How to get an account through TACC and XSEDE
- Touch on the idea of parallel programming
- Training opportunities Life Sciences software available at TACC
- Use case examples of HPC in life sciences
This workshop will be webcast live to the NIH multiscale modeling consortium high performance computing working group.